NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – The Olivet College men's soccer team lost 4-3 in overtime to Manchester (Ind.) University today at Good Field in North Manchester, Indiana.
Final Score: Manchester (Ind.) 4, Olivet 3 (OT)
Location: Good Field; North Manchester, Ind.
Records: Manchester 2-2-1 overall, Olivet 1-2 overall
- For every goal the Comets scored, the Spartans had an answer to tie the game.
- Junior Joshua Rosendale found the back of the net in the 10th minute after receiving a pass from sophomore Moubarak Adam.
- Manchester tied the game in the 28th minute.
- Olivet took a 2-1 lead with 21 seconds remaining in the first half when freshman Kjeil Dickinson found the back of the net off a free kick.
- The Spartans leveled the score in the 67th minute.
- The Comets responded little less than three minutes later on Rosendale's second goal of the game and his fifth of the season. Adam and sophomore Dominik Burmeister were each credited with an assist.
- Manchester tallied the tying goal in the 76th minute.
- The Spartans scored the golden goal in the seventh minute of the overtime period.
- Rosendale topped the team with nine total shots, including five on-goal.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon faced 22 shots in goal and made seven saves.
- Max Baker and Josh Gonzalez each scored two goals.
- Gonzalez recorded a team-best six shots.
- Baker and Nick Surber registered five shots apiece.
- Aidan Brunkow earned the win in goal.
- After playing one overtime game for the entire 2018 season, the Comets have gone to overtime in each of their first three games this season. The school record for most overtime games in a season was seven in 2017.
- Today's game marked the 12th time in school history the Comets and Spartans have met on the soccer field. Olivet still leads the series, 7-4-1.
- Olivet stays on the road to play a 4 p.m. game Wednesday at Defiance (Ohio) College.