YPSILANTI, Mich. – The Olivet College women's tennis team ended the fall portion of its 2019-20 schedule with a 4-3 win over Concordia University-Ann Arbor this afternoon at the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti.
Final Score: Olivet 4, Concordia-Ann Arbor 3
Location: Chippewa Tennis Club; Ypsilanti, Mich.
Records: Olivet 3-3 overall, Concordia-Ann Arbor 0-2 overall
- Concordia is an NAIA school, so NAIA scoring rules were used in the match. Those rules include the school winning 2-of-3 doubles flights receives one team point, and the doubles matches are a six-game pro-set.
- The Cardinals had only five players, so the Comets picked-up default wins at No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles. Olivet's No. 1 doubles team won to make the score 2-0.
- The Comets walked-off with a win at No. 5 singles to go ahead 3-0. Concordia claimed a win at No. 1 singles before an Olivet victory at No. 2 singles clinched the match. The Cardinals claimed wins at No. 3 and No. 4 singles for the final 4-3 score.
- Picking-up the default win at No. 3 doubles was sophomore Emily Foulk and senior Alex Lesko.
- Freshman Makenzie Borg and senior Miranda Pier won 6-3 at No. 1 doubles.
- Lesko earned the default win at No. 6 singles.
- Borg won in straight sets, 6-2, 6-3, at No. 2 singles.
- Sophomore Julia Miklusicak lost only two games to win 6-1, 6-1, at No. 5 singles.
- Olivet resumes its schedule February 15, 2020, with a match at Cornerstone University.