OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team battled to a 1-1 double overtime draw against Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Trine (Ind.) University this afternoon at the Olivet Community Schools Stadium in Olivet.
Final Score: Olivet 1, Trine (Ind.) 1 (2OT)
Location: Olivet Community Schools Stadium; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Trine 3-6-2 overall, 0-3-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-5-2 overall, 0-2-2 MIAA
- Olivet took a 1-0 lead in the 30th minute when junior Chelsie Smith sent a low shot into the net at the far post.
- There was no more scoring in the first half.
- The Thunder tied the game just over a minute into the second half. A shot by Veronica Ocampo found the back of the net.
- Both teams had a couple chances to score in the second half but failed to score.
- Olivet had the first chance to score in the first overtime period when freshman Mary Mitchell's shot was saved by the Trine goalkeeper.
- In the closing seconds of the first extra session, a Thunder penalty kick sailed over the crossbar.
- The game went to a second overtime stanza. The Comets had two scoring opportunities saved by the keeper.
- Olivet finished the game with 11 shots.
- Mitchell and Smith each recorded three shots.
- Senior Maya Prewitt and freshman Kate McElhone tallied two shots apiece.
- Junior Brooklyn Holley played all 110 minutes in goal and made three saves.
- Ocampo and Morgan Sanderson each collected four shots for Trine.
- Marisa Robinett had three shots.
- Two keepers played in the game. Adhrin Bordner was in net for the first half, and made one save. Carmen Sweigard played the final 65 minutes and had six saves.
- Olivet travels to play Alma College next Tuesday, Oct. 15, at 4 p.m.