OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team was shutout by defending Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) champion Hope College, 3-0, this afternoon at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Hope 3, Olivet 0
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Hope 2-3-5 overall, 1-0-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-5 overall, 0-2 MIAA
- The Flying Dutch took a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute on an own goal.
- Hope increased its lead to 2-0 at halftime on goal by Megan Bigelow in the 30th minute.
- The score stayed 2-0 until the 66th minute when Audrey White scored for the Flying Dutch.
- Olivet finished the game with just five shots.
- Freshman Macy Gorrell, sophomore Lauren Maybee and junior Chelsie Smith each had a shot-on-goal.
- Junior Brooklyn Holley was the losing keeper. She played all 90 minutes and made eight saves.
- In addition to her goal, Bigelow tallied three of the 13 Hope shots.
- Five other players recorded two shots apiece.
- Jordanne Ellingboe and Caroline Serkaian combined for the shutout. Ellingboe started and played the first 80 minutes. Serkaian played the final 10 minutes.
- Olivet is on the road next Wednesday, Oct. 9, to play Saint Mary's (Ind.) College. First touch is at 7 p.m.