ADRIAN, Mich. – The Olivet College women's soccer team opened Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play with a 6-0 loss against Adrian College this afternoon at Docking Stadium in Adrian.
Final Score: Adrian 6, Olivet 0
Location: Docking Stadium; Adrian, Michigan
Records: Adrian 7-3-2 overall, 1-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-4 overall, 0-1 MIAA
- The Bulldogs led 4-0 at halftime behind goals by McKenna Mahoney in the fourth minute, Caroline Fleming in the 15th and 25th minute, and Raquel Church in the 43rd minute.
- Adrian added two more goals in the second half by Eve Davis in the 47th minute and Church in the 53rd minute.
- Olivet was held to four shots, including two each by freshman Mary Mitchell and junior Chelsie Smith.
- Junior Brooklyn Holley and sophomore Mekenzie Lamb split time in goal. Holley played the first half, allowed four goals and made three saves. Lamb was in net for the final 45 minutes, allowed two goals and had one save.
- To go along with her two goals, Church also tallied an assist for a team-best five points.
- Fleming recorded three of the 13 Adrian shots.
- Ayverie Giller and Kristen Page combined for the shutout in goal. Giller was the winning keeper after being the net minder for the first half. Page played the entire second half.
- Olivet hosts Hope College Saturday at 12 p.m.