OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was defeated by Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) foe Adrian College, 81-68, this evening at the Upton Center Gymnasium.
Final Score: Adrian 81, Olivet 68
Location: Upton Center Gymnasium; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Adrian 9-13 overall, 3-10 MIAA; Olivet 4-19 overall, 1-13 MIAA
- In the first quarter, the Bulldogs led by five points twice. After the last time at 8-3, the Comets went on an 8-2 run to take their first lead of the game with 3:20 left in the first stanza. Adrian answered with six straight points to go back up by five, 16-11. Olivet ended the quarter by scoring six of the final eight points to trail by just one point, 18-17.
- A layup by freshman Zara Weber and a three-pointer by freshman Hannah Brown gave the Comets a 22-18 lead at the 8:51 mark of the second quarter. The Bulldogs came back to tie the game at 24-24. The teams traded the next four baskets to create two more tied scores.
- Olivet then surged ahead by five points on two occasions, with the last time being 36-31 with 91 seconds left until halftime. Adrian put the final four points on the scoreboard in the quarter to make the score 36-35 at halftime.
- At the start of the third quarter, there were three tied scores and five lead changes. The Comets led by as many as four points, 47-43, after junior DeeDee Post made a fast-break layup at the 5:31 mark. Adrian responded with a 13-0 run to go up by nine points. Olivet cut the deficit down to five points, 58-53, at the start of the fourth quarter.
- Twenty seconds into the fourth period, Post drained a three-pointer to make the score 58-56. The Comets did not get any closer for the remainder of the game.
- Post scored a season-high 26 points on 9-of-12 field goals and 7-of-8 free throws. She also had a team-best eight rebounds to go along with two assists and two steals.
- Brown joined her in double figures with 16 points, with four three-pointers.
- Weber had nine points
- Addison Bergman and Sha'Trice Graves posted double-doubles to lead Adrian. Bergman had 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Graves had 16 points and 13 rebounds.
- Rylee Campbell scored a team-best 19 points.
- Chelsea Palmer added 15 points.
- Rachel Bucher pulled down 12 rebounds.
- Olivet wraps-up its season next week with a pair of games. On Wednesday night, the Comets travel to play MIAA leader Hope College at 7:30 p.m. On Saturday, they host Saint Mary's (Ind.) College at 3 p.m.