OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was on the losing end of a 78-63 score to Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College today inside the Upton Center Gymnasium.
Final Score: Albion 78, Olivet 64
Location: Upton Center Gymnasium; Olivet, Michigan
Records: Albion 17-4 overall, 9-3 MIAA; Olivet 4-17 overall, 1-11 MIAA
- In the first quarter, the Britons led by five points, 7-2. The Comets responded with an 8-2 run to take their first lead. Albion came back to level the score at 13-13. Olivet then drained back-to-back-to-back three-pointers, two by freshman Hannah Brown and one by junior DeeDee Post, for a 22-13 lead. The teams traded baskets to end the quarter to make the score 24-15.
- Senior Amari Brown canned a three-pointer at the 9:15 mark of the second quarter to put the Comets ahead by double digits, 27-15. The Britons chipped away at their deficit and eventually tied the game at 33-33 with 1:05 left until halftime. Albion got an "and-one" play in the final 30 seconds of the half to go ahead 36-33 at the break.
- The Britons extended their lead to 20 points, 56-36, at the 4:16 mark of the third quarter. Olivet fought back and trailed by only 12 points, 59-47, to start the final quarter of the game.
- Albion saw its lead grow to as many as 21 points, 70-49, with 6:24 remaining in the game. The Comets closed the gap to 13 points twice after senior Tammy Lee made three-pointers both times.
- For the game, Olivet made 20 total baskets, with 14 coming from behind the three-point arc. The Britons made 29 baskets, with only five from three-point territory. Albion also had a 15-9 edge in free throws made and out-rebounded the Comets, 48-32.
- All five Olivet starters scored in double figures.
- Lee led the way with a season-high 17 points.
- Post had 13 points.
- Amari Brown and Hannah Brown each netted 11 points.
- Freshman Zara Weber scored 10 points.
- Post grabbed a team-best seven rebounds.
- Evelyn Wischmeyer scored a game-high 20 points.
- Rain Hinton was next with 16 points.
- Elena Welker had 14 points.
- Amanda Larson tallied nine points and game-high 13 rebounds.
- Olivet travels to play Calvin University Saturday at 3 p.m.