ALBION, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was tripped up by Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) rival Albion College, 98-70, this afternoon at Kresge Gymnasium in Albion.
Final Score: Albion 98, Olivet 70
Location: Kresge Gymnasium; Albion, Michigan
Records: Albion 11-2 overall, 3-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-11 overall, 1-5 MIAA
- The Comets built a five-point lead, 10-5, at the 6:32 mark of the opening quarter. The Britons answered with a 5-0 run before Olivet used its own 5-0 run for another five-point cushion, 15-10, with 3:38 remaining in the first stanza. Albion responded with an 11-2 run to take a 21-17 lead. The Comets made the last basket of the period to trail by two points.
- Olivet regained the lead on a three-pointer to start the second quarter. Over the next two minutes and 10 seconds, the Britons went on a 9-0 run to go ahead 30-22. The Comets closed the gap to five points on three occasions. Following the last time at 35-30, Albion scored 11 straight points to take its largest lead of the opening half, 46-30, with 1:01 remaining until the break. Two Olivet three-pointers made the score 46-36 at halftime.
- The Comets trimmed the deficit down to eight points early in the third quarter. The Britons extended their lead to as many as 17 points on two occasions later in the third stanza. Olivet battled back and trailed by only 10 points, 69-59, with 18 seconds left in the period. Albion pushed its lead back to 13 points to start the fourth quarter.
- The Britons out-scored the Comets, 26-11, in the final quarter for the final 28-point margin of victory.
- Olivet made 25 total baskets, with 13 coming from behind the three-point arc.
- Freshman Hannah Brown scored a team-high 24 points on 9-of-10 shooting, including 6-of-7 three-pointers.
- Freshman Zara Weber added 15 points on 5-of-9 shooting from three-point land.
- Junior DeeDee Post had 13 points.
- Senior Amari Brown finished with a team-best five rebounds.
- Four starters reached double figures in the scoring column.
- Rain Hinton tallied a game-high 31 points, including 15-of-23 shooting from the free throw line.
- Amanda Larson was next with 18 points.
- Emily Bernas posted a double-double with 17 points and game-high 10 rebounds.
- Evelyn Wischmeyer had 12 points.
- The Comets host Kalamazoo College next Wednesday, Jan. 15, at 7:30 p.m. Reminder that all remaining home basketball games this winter will be held at the Upton Center Gymnasium.