ANGOLA, Ind. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was defeated by defending Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) champion Trine (Ind.) University, 79-40, this evening at the MTI Center in Angola, Indiana.
Final Score: Trine (Ind.) 79, Olivet 40
Location: MTI Center; Angola, Indiana
Records: Trine 8-4 overall, 2-1 MIAA; Olivet 4-9 overall, 1-3 MIAA
- The Thunder led 19-6 after the first quarter. Trine out-scored Olivet 22-12 in the second quarter to lead 41-18 at halftime. The Thunder extended their lead to 65-33 to start the fourth quarter. Trine had a 14-7 advantage in scoring in the final 10 minutes.
- Junior Fayth Talbert and freshman Zara Weber each scored nine points.
- Senior Jazmin Hildebrand contributed eight points.
- Talbert grabbed a game-high nine rebounds.
- Senior Tammy Lee recorded three assists.
- Eighteen players saw action in the game.
- Tara Bieniewicz and Kelsy Taylor tallied 12 points apiece.
- Kayla Wildman netted 11 points.
- Katy Steers scored 10 points and registered five assists.
- Shay Herbert pulled down a team-leading eight rebounds
- The Comets play a 3 p.m. game Saturday at Albion College.