TIFFIN, Ohio – The Olivet College women's basketball team lost to non-conference foe Heidelberg (Ohio) University, 91-61, tonight at the Seiberling Gymnasium in Tiffin, Ohio.
Final Score: Heidelberg (Ohio) 91, Olivet 61
Location: Seiberling Gymnasium; Tiffin, Ohio
Records: Heidelberg 3-4 overall, Olivet 2-6 overall
- The Student Princes led by five points, 14-9, at the halfway mark of the opening quarter. The Comets cut their deficit down to a point before Heidelberg pushed its lead back to five points, 20-15. Olivet made a three-pointer to make the score 20-18. The Student Princes then went on an 8-0 run until a Comet basket closed the gap to 28-20 at the end of the first quarter. In the first 10 minutes of the game, Heidelberg shot a sizzling 78.6 percent (11-of-14) from the floor compared to 41.2 percent (7-of-17) for Olivet. The first six made baskets for the Comets were from behind the three-point arc.
- The Student Princes out-scored Olivet, 21-7, in the second quarter for a 22-point lead, 49-27, at halftime.
- In the third quarter, the Comets trimmed the Heidelberg advantage to 20 points on four occasions. The last time was 62-42 at the 4:09 mark. The Student Princes answered with 11 straight points to take their largest lead of the game, 73-42. Four Olivet free throws made the score 73-46 to start the fourth quarter.
- In the fourth stanza, Heidelberg stretched its lead back to 31 points. The Comets fought back and trailed by as few as 20 points, 81-61. The Student Princes put the final 10 points on the scoreboard for the 30-point margin of victory.
- Heidelberg finished the game with a 58.5 field goal percentage (38-of-65) to 30.6 percent (22-of-72) for Olivet. Both teams drained seven shots from the free throw line. The Comets made two more three-pointers, 10-8, and committed only seven turnovers compared to 10 for the Student Princes.
- Junior DeeDee Post tallied a team-best 21 points, including 5-of-6 shooting from behind the arc.
- Freshman Zara Weber came off the bench to score 11 points.
- Senior Tammy Lee added 10 points.
- Senior Amari Brown pulled down a team-leading six rebounds.
- Maddy Crawford led all players with 27 points on 11-of-17 shooting and 5-of-6 free throws, and grabbed 13 rebounds.
- Brittanie Ulmer contributed 17 points, with five three-pointers.
- Alli Adelsperger finished with 12 points.
- Brooke Beamer and Bailey Walter had 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- Walter had a game-high 18 rebounds.
- Beamer dished out seven assists.
- The Comets resume their Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association schedule Saturday when it welcomes the Alma College Scots to The Cutler Event Center for a 3 p.m. game.