GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College women's basketball team fell to NCAA Division II foe Davenport University, 89-46, today at DU Student Center in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Davenport 89, Olivet 46
Location: DU Student Center; Grand Rapids
Records: Davenport 4-3 overall, Olivet 1-5 overall
- Junior Fayth Talbert scored the first basket of the game. From there, the Panthers went on an 18-2 run over the next five minutes. The Comets trailed by 12 points, 22-10, at the end of the first quarter.
- Davenport put the first nine points on the scoreboard in the second quarter to gain its largest lead, 31-10. Olivet fought back and trimmed its deficit down to 11 points, 34-23, after freshman Brianna Alexander made two free throws at the 1:22 mark of the second period. The Panthers scored the last seven points of the quarter to lead 41-23 at halftime.
- The Comets would not get any closer for the rest of the game, as Davenport opened the third quarter on a 10-0 run to extend its advantage to 28 points, 51-23.
- Talbert led Olivet with 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting.
- Senior Amari Brown chipped-in with 10 points and grabbed a game-best nine rebounds.
- Alexander finished with nine points, including 5-of-6 shooting from the free throw line.
- Madison Jones made 10-of-13 baskets, including two from behind the arc, for a game-high 22 points.
- Amiyah VanderGeld and Emily Lange contributed 14 and 12 points, respectively.
- Courtney McInerney had a team-best eight rebounds.
- The Comets are back on the court next Saturday, Dec. 7, when they open Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play at Kalamazoo College. Tip-off at the Anderson Athletic Center is 3 p.m.