FRANKLIN, Ind. – The Olivet College women's basketball team was upended by Franklin (Ind.) College, 66-46, in a non-conference contest this afternoon at the Spurlock Center in Franklin, Indiana.
Final Score: Franklin (Ind.) 66, Olivet 46
Location: Spurlock Center; Franklin, Indiana
Records: Franklin 2-1 overall, Olivet 1-4 overall
- The Comets scored the first three points of the game on a three-pointer by freshman Hannah Brown. The Grizzlies netted the next nine points and eventually stretched their lead to 10 points, 15-5, with 1:22 remaining in the opening quarter. Senior Jazmin Hildebrand made two free throws to close the gap to eight points to start the second stanza.
- Franklin saw its lead swell to as 15 points on two occasions, with the last time being 28-13 at the mark of the second quarter. The Comets trimmed their deficit down to 11 points. After the final time at 30-19, the Grizzlies out-scored Olivet, 7-2, over the final 90 seconds to lead by 16 points, 37-21, at the halftime break.
- The Comets were not able to able draw any closer for the rest of the game. Franklin led by as many as 31 points, 61-30, with 8:33 left in the contest.
- Freshman Brianna Alexander came off the bench to score a team-best nine points.
- Brown, Hildebrand, junior DeeDee Post and freshman Zara Weber tallied seven points apiece.
- Post led all players with 16 rebounds, including 11 off the defensive glass.
- Brittany Ballard was the lone Franklin player to reach double figures in the scoring column. She had 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting, with five baskets from behind the three-point arc.
- Jessica Nix, Bayleigh Walker and Cassidy Yant were next with eight points each.
- Nix and Destinee Cross pulled down seven rebounds apiece.
- Olivet plays a 1 p.m. Saturday at Davenport University.