YPSILANTI, Mich. – The Olivet College men's tennis team defeated Concordia University-Ann Arbor, 5-2, today at the Chippewa Tennis Club in Ypsilanti.
Final Score: Olivet 5, Concordia-Ann Arbor 2
Location: Chippewa Tennis Club; Ypsilanti, Mich.
Records: Olivet 1-3 overall, Concordia-Ann Arbor 0-2 overall
- With Concordia-Ann Arbor being an NAIA school, NAIA scoring rules in double play were used. The first rule was the school who wins 2-of-3 matches earns one team point. The second rule was the matches are played as a six-game pro-set.
- The Comets won at No. 1 and No. 3 doubles to pick-up the team point. Olivet then won 4-of-6 singles matches to post the 5-2 victory for its first win of the 2019-20 season.
- Freshman Adam Kimmith and senior Tyler Nobel coasted to a 6-2 win at No. 3 doubles.
- Sophomore Benjamin Morrow and freshman Cameron Walker won a thrilling 7-5 decision at No. 1 doubles.
- Freshman Sam Vondra recorded a 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 2 singles.
- Walker won in straight sets, 6-1, 7-5, at No. 3 singles.
- Nobel claimed a 6-3, 6-1, victory at No. 4 singles.
- Kimmith won 6-2, 6-2 at No. 6 singles.
- Olivet is off until February 15, 2020, when it plays a neutral-site match against Greenville (Ill.) University. The match will take place at Albion College and is tentatively scheduled to start at 5 p.m.