GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College men's soccer team was shutout by Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) leader Calvin University, 9-0, on a rainy night at Zuidema Field in Grand Rapids.
Final Score: Calvin 9, Olivet 0
Location: Zuidema Field; Grand Rapids, Michigan
Records: Calvin 16-1-0 overall, 5-0-0 MIAA; Olivet 4-10-1 overall, 1-4-0 MIAA
- The Knights led 5-0 at halftime before scoring four more goals in the second half for the final 9-0 score.
- Olivet had four shots, including three for junior Joshua Rosendale. Two of his shots were placed on-frame.
- Sophomore Andrew Aragon suffered the loss in goal. He made 11 saves, while playing all 90 minutes.
- Hunter Olson scored two goals on three shots.
- Seven other players tallied one goal apiece.
- Seven players also found the scoring column with an assist
- Ian Adams had two assists.
- Calvin entered the game ranked No. 2 in this week's United Soccer Coaches Top 25 poll.
- The Comets travel to play Albion College Saturday afternoon at 5 p.m.