BIG RAPIDS, Mich. – The Olivet College men's basketball team lost 105-55 to Ferris State University tonight at Jim Wink Arena in Big Rapids.
Final Score: Ferris State 105, Olivet 55
Location: Jim Wink Arena; Big Rapids, Michigan
Records: Ferris State 1-2 overall, Olivet 0-3 overall
- The Bulldogs scored the first five points of the game. A three-pointer by sophomore Noah Wiswary made the score 5-3 at the 18:52 mark. Ferris State put 13 of the next 17 points on the scoreboard to take its first double digit lead of the game, 18-7. The Bulldogs stretched their lead to 29 points, 52-23, with 3:35 left until halftime. The Comets were able to close the gap to 23 points twice before settling for a 27-point deficit, 58-31, at the break.
- In the second half, Ferris State built a 42-point lead, 80-38. Olivet cut the margin to 35 points, 84-49, after senior Tishaun Cooper drained back-to-back three-point baskets. The Comets did not get any closer for the remainder of the game.
- Sophomore Britton Angell netted 11 points to lead the Olivet.
- Cooper and sophomore Drew Moore each scored 10 points.
- Angell, Moore and junior Dre Tuominen had four rebounds apiece.
- Walt Kelser scored a game-best 38 points, including 30 in the first half. He made 12-of-15 field goals, including 5-of-8 from behind the arc, and 9-of-12 free throws.
- Vejas Grazulis scored 11 points.
- Mason Pline posted a double-double, 10 points and game-high 14 rebounds.
- For the game, the Bulldogs shot 49.4 percent (39-of-79).
- The Comets face Ferris State for a second straight game tomorrow afternoon at 5 p.m.