KENOSHA, Wis. – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team wrapped-up its non-conference schedule with a 26-1 loss to Carthage (Wis.) College today at Art Keller Field in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Final Score: Carthage 26, Olivet 1
Location: Art Keller Field; Kenosha, Wis.
Records: Olivet 0-7 overall, Carthage 8-3 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Red Men led 8-0 at the end of the first quarter.
- Carthage scored the first six goals of the second quarter. The Comets dented the scoreboard for the first time with 4:48 left in second stanza when freshman Joshua Brantley netted his third goal of the season. The Red Men scored the last two goals of the period for a 16-1 lead at halftime.
- Carthage scored five goals in both the third and fourth quarters to create the final score.
FOR THE COMETS
- Senior Cameron Bazin led Olivet with six total shots.
- Senior Cullen Haesler picked-up a team-high six ground balls.
- Freshman Jake Steele made 13 saves, while playing all 60 minutes in the cage.
FOR THE RED MEN
- Andy Szun led all players with 14 points, including 11 goals.
- Colin Poitras had eight points, including a game-high five assists.
- Andy Meyers scooped-up a match-high 19 ground balls.
- Zerik Rodriguez and Callaghan Quinn split time in the cage. Rodriguez played the first half and had one save, while Quinn played the final 30 minutes and had four saves.
- Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association play begins next Saturday, April 7, for the Comets, and they are on the road for a 1 p.m. game at Adrian College.