OLIVET, Mich. – The Olivet College men's lacrosse team fell to Concordia (Wis.) University, 14-3, in its season-opener today at the Cutler Athletic Complex in Olivet.
Final Score: Concordia 14, Olivet 3
Location: Cutler Athletic Complex; Olivet, Mich.
Records: Olivet 0-1 overall, Concordia 1-0 overall
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons led 5-0 at halftime behind four goals in the first quarter and a single tally in the second quarter.
- Sophomore Justin Lamb scored the first Comet goal after receiving a pass from senior Cameron Bazin at the 12:07 mark of the third quarter.
- Concordia answered with two goals, including a man-up one, in a 92-second span.
- Freshman Casey Peterson netted his first collegiate goal with 2:27 remaining in the third period.
- The Falcons scored seven unanswered goals to open the fourth quarter.
- Olivet tallied the final goal of the game with 1:12 left when Lamb found the back of the cage on a feed from Peterson.
FOR THE COMETS
- Bazin led all players with nine shots.
- Freshman Jake Steele played the entire game in goal and made 13 saves.
- Steele as well as freshman Connor Hamm and senior Cullen Haesler recorded five ground balls apiece.
FOR THE FALCONS
- Aidan Connolly scored three goals and collected one assist for four points to go along with 11 shots.
- Luke Billehus and Jake Donnellan each had two goals and an assist.
- Seven others had one goal each.
- Paul Fisher caused 11 turnovers and scooped-up 11 ground balls.
- Olivet welcomes Baldwin Wallace (Ohio) University to the Cutler Athletic Complex for a 2 p.m. game next Saturday, Feb. 24.